Monday, July 11, 2011

Out The Know

I often find myself 'in the know.'

I'd like to think its because I'm such a skilled and attentive listener, and that my empathic abilities just draw people to me naturally.

And hopefully there's a touch of truth to some of that.

But in reality I know I have poor boundaries. At times, I invite the conversations. Other times, when I'd prefer to do the right thing and just mind my own business, I fail to speak up and say, 'sorry, I don't wanna hear about this,' even when I know I should.

And sometimes, to be completely honest, I DO wanna hear it; I wanna be 'in the know.'

But the thing is.... I'm not sure why.

Having special intel usually comes with responsibility, burdens, isolation, drama; these are what remains after the initial excitement wears off after hearing something juicy.

Not to mention how un-Christ-like it is. God's Word tells us over and over again the harms of gossip, and to our benefit. Even just as someone who is a 'listner' and not a 'repeater', there are nasty consequences of it.

The weight of everyone else's crap can get heavy.
So I'm working on it. God's helping.

And I'm on my way out 'the know.'
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments: