Saturday, July 30, 2011

waving gardener

We'd just stopped briefly at a transent center outside of Vista.

A couple passengers entered. One exited.

Lining the right side of the Sprinter's tracks stood a neat row of houses on top a short, steep hill. In the picketed yard of one of the houses, a man watered his garden.

As the train began to depart, the man looked up from his work and waved joyfully until he and his house and little garden disappeared into the hills.

Common sense says the smiling gardener was most likely waving to a loved one leaving home for a long day of work.

But somehow I felt that wasn't the case.

Call me crazy or overly optimistic, but my first impression was that this man simply and genuinely wanted to greet each and every passenger on that train this morning.

Maybe not.

But regardless, it made my day!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Coby said...

I like that story.