Tuesday, June 4, 2013

hate in the form of folded paper

I hate card shopping.
HATE it.

Gift shopping? Thats awesome!
Note writing? Love it!
Picking up the tab when I'm out with others? Good times!

But card shopping, I loathe.

They seldom say what I think they should, or they just don't quite say it how I think it should be said. And don't get me started on their designs...

For a while when I was in high school, I considered creating cards for a living. Art, photography, designing, writing, sappy-gooey-sentiments and whatnot. But I've never had what it takes to grab ahold of something and follow through with it. Everything I've achieved so far has been by chance, just falling into it.

So, yeah. Needless to say, I didn't grow up selling overpriced folded pieces of paper at Walgreens. And maybe thats why I hate shopping for them so much. I just flip through them thinking, "I could do this. I could do this better." And thus, I'm never quite satisfied with whatever remnant of a dead tree I walk out with.

Plus, its tedious work, taking at least twelve years just to find a doable card. It involves standing. And putting things up...

So just know this; if you ever receive a store-bought card from me, you are loved. Of course, if you get any of those other things listed above you're probably pretty loved too... but I do HATE card shopping.

No comments: