Saturday, May 12, 2012

rage.

I have rage problems. It may not seem like it, but I do. It reared it's ugly face twice this week. I don't like it. In fact, I hate it.

In abnormal conditions, it's probably normal to get angry. But it's completely normal for me to be in abnormal conditions.

Abnormal is my normal.
So shouldn't I be immune?

Alas, I am not.

A kid tried to bust me in the head with a lamp today. This was after he tried to stab me and after he shanked and bit my friend/co-worker. This was also after a loooooong restraint with him.

So when he came at me with this lamp... I almost hit him. I didn't. But I wanted to. The urge was there. Not just the thought. The urge.

And something very similar happened just the day before.
Same kid. Same urge. Same rage.

Another thorn in my side that leaves me dependent on Christ.
Stinkin' thorns! How many thorns can a side have in it at once?

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills; From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." Psalms 121:1-2

No comments: