Tuesday, May 22, 2012

not being Mr. Fix-It

Over the years I've worked with so many teens. Some are vague memories while others remain close to my heart. From time to time I wonder how they're doing and where they are in life. Occasionally, I'm blessed by somehow reconnecting with a past client, but often it comes with a burden; I still feel they are somehow mine to care for when they're hurting.

I hurt for them.
I hurt with them.

I want to reach through my computer screen and hug them.

I believe God brings these people back into my life for a reason, not to 'fix' them or to resume the role I once played in their lives, but to simply be someone loving them with God's love regardless of all things, and pointing them to the cross. I am not meant to be Mr. Fix-It.

I'm just available. That's all that's required of me.
God does the rest.

Feel free to remind me of this.
I sometimes forget.

No comments: