Monday, January 17, 2011

what about me!?

There I am, playing Shoots and Ladders with little Johny No Name, when out of no where, Billy What's-His-Face feels inspired to reenact his favorite scene from some over-the-top 'child becomes possessed by demon' horror flick.

Head spinning. Profuse swearing. Laying down on a busy street just before barreling traffic.
You know; the norm.

So here I go out into the street dodging cars, dragging Billy What's-His-Face to safety all the while he's biting the hell out of me. Ouch.

Crisis. Counseling. Restraining. More Crisis. More counseling. More restraining.
(Liberally interject the ignoring of being; sworn at, spit on, bitten, kicked, hit, scratched, etc.)

The world is spinning, spinning, spinning. Then suddenly everything stops at the tug on my sleeve; looking behind me, there I see little Johny No Name, Shoots and Ladders game piece in hand. "Aren't you gonna play?" he asks.

Essentially asking, "What about me!?"

Sigh. In that split second I find myself overwhelmed with frustration at Johny No Name and his complete selfishness . . . and then with humbleness as God gently reminds me of my own self-centered nature.

After all, I'M the one thinking, "Why are you interrupting ME!? Can't you see I'M busy!?"

No comments: