Friday, January 29, 2010

rejoice in the unknown

Those of you who have been following this "song" for a while now know that Kimberly and I have felt God preparing our hearts to leave this place. This hasn't just been recent, nor is it a decision we've made, but instead is an overwhelming sense that we've felt for the past few years. 2009 was a season of deep prayer and discernment as we anxiously awaited for God to reveal more to us. 2010 will be much the same. I am excited to be traveling to Escondido, CA next week to listen for God's voice as to what His will might be for our lives there. I look forward to the fellowship I will share with the great men of God I will be traveling with, and am anticipating meeting a lot of new people and becoming acquainted with local culture. This visit to Escondido is something I've longed for for about seven months now, and I am so grateful for this blessed opportunity. Sharing about this venture usually leads to a list of questions I simply don't have any answers for, and so I've hesitated to speak of this trip publicly. As I've quoted Oswald Chambers a few posts back, these kinds of questions are so difficult to answer: What do you expect to do? All I know is that God knows what He is doing. Knowing this gives me great peace. And so, in a way that makes no worldly sense, I rejoice in the unknown. It humbles me and reminds me of my dependency on Him, which can so easily be forgotten with this stubborn, human mind of mine. My prayer regarding this trip is that it is an experience that will glorify God and bring me closer to serving Him and His Kingdom just as He wills. If you'd like to join me in this prayer, I would be appreciative. Thank you, and God bless! View Larger Map

2 comments:

mike said...

consider yourselves added to my prayer wall. I've been keeping this church plant lifted up in prayer for a while now.

Kris Sorensen said...

I've been looking forward to this trip with you for a long time now too.

Even if God hasn't revealed all of the details to you yet, I know that He is pleased with your faithfulness. You and Kimberly are in my prayers as well.