Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lord,

You are the way. You are the truth. You are the life. You alone are worthy to live this life for. You are holy and glorious. A loving Father, who cares for and directs His children. You've beckoned, called me by name. You've asked me to step out of the boat. And I'm so frightened. I fail to have faith that You've equipped me with everything I need to become who you've called me to be. I neglect to see you as the Great Provider. I crave validation from others in this world. I long to have worth and value. These desires, along with fear, have become like idols in my life. False gods. Please forgive me for my doubt and lack of faith. Forgive my idolatry. Forgive my self-centered search for a place in this world. I am weak. I need more of You in me. Consume me completely. Be glorified. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments: