Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Song

Today I went to our storage unit to look for an old music theory and technique book. I never found exactly what I hoped to, but I did stumble across the hundreds of songs I had written over the past . . . oh, 12 or 13 years.
So, of course, I had to bring them home to look through.

And, of course, I quickly assessed that they were all pretty horrible.

Thankfully, I can say that this poorly written collection doesn't include anything I've written within the past 5 or 6 years.

I am pleased to determine that, if nothing else, my songwriting is better than what is once was.

But even more so, I am able to see just how much God's presence has shaped my life over the past few years. It jumps out at me in the lyrics of these songs; the Spirit is with me, changing the way I think and feel.

The fruit isn't quite ripened, but it's growing.

He is my song, and I praise Him for it!

*I wasn't doing so hot on my own ;o)

No comments: