Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fairytale

Today I had a confrontation that was years in the making. I'm not particularly good at confrontation in situations where its not clearly my role to confront, but fortunately this conversation took place via text. I know. I'm weak. I feel like someone I care about is taking advantage of people I love very much, and I couldn't stand it any longer. I feel like it was a justified, righteous anger and I was careful not to use words that were not from a heart of love. The end result: I feel awesome. Confrontation usually leads to defensiveness and lashing out, and this was no exception, but I feel a sense of peace about the situation. The person said the one thing I always knew he would, the one thing I never could quite predict my response to.
"Just go on about your fairytale life."
I wanted to bite back. So badly. I started to think of a hundred ways to respond, but stopped myself. There is no reasoning with him when it comes to this.
And the truth is, my life really is a fairytale.

No comments: