Monday, March 14, 2011

Pray for Hope

"Thank you for sharing; its refreshing.  This is probably weird, but I gotta say, I'm kinda in the opposite place in life right now."

You know that feeling when someone opens up? Like, just totally shows you their heart, scars and all? Its an amazing thing. Today a young woman shared her heart at the Branches' Sunday morning gathering. The strength it takes to be that transparent is incredible and inspiring.

She spoke of a dark place she's in; a place I've been before.
A place I sometimes worry I might go back to.

Sometimes its easiest to hurt, to just live in pain, as though if there are no mountains of joy in our journey then perhaps we won't have to experience anymore valleys of sorrow.

But God has brought me to an amazing spot.
I'm happy. And I'm not scared to embrace that happiness.
My meds are just right. I'm right where God wants me. I'm surrounded by the right people.
He knows me so intimately; my every need. And He has met every single one of them.

I pray that this young woman experiences the same liberation from fear, anxiety, and depression that I have over the past several months. Will you join me in this prayer for her?

You don't need to know her name.
Just call her . . . Hope.

Pray for Hope.

No comments: