Thursday, March 31, 2011

3 in 1

I feel called in 3 different areas; youth service and counseling, music and songwriting, and the visual arts. Its an interesting thing, because those 3 callings don't always flow together so nicely. I mean, my life is so much more streamlined than what it used to be, but there are still a couple areas of disconnect. I'm praying about how to bring these things closer together. Its a difficult thing, as there are only so many hours in a day. But 2 things that are blending well are my youth service and music. I spend at least an hour a day leading a couple of my kids in worship and sharing with them songs from my heart.

And I recently began taking part in a great project combining my 3 loves and callings into 1. In order to keep funds generated to support a guitar class for teens, I'm attending the classes to take pictures and snippets of film of the students with their guitars, which I will later cleverly blend together to pull at heartstrings.

Youth. Music. Visual arts.
3 in 1!

I love it!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: