Sunday, November 22, 2009

This Day Update

The Turkey drop was a success! The Youth provided all the fixin's for FOURTEEN families' Thanksgiving meals! They packed them all up in boxes/baskets/totes, took them to pre-selected yet unsuspecting homes, dropped them off on the porch, rang the doorbell/knocked, then RAN. It's always such a blessing to watch the kids receive so much joy out of serving and sharing God's love with other people. Then we all gathered in the gym at the church and ate a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. Kimberly did a great job orchestrating the meal. All the youth leaders and several awesome volunteers put forth a lot of effort and it all came together so well. My parents were great and came out to help, deep-frying 3 turkeys for us (mmmm). I snapped a few pictures, then my camera died, so what few pics I got I'll get posted after my camera's all charged up. I was right. This was a great day! God is awesome!

1 comment:

mike said...

That's awesome, I always loved ringing peoples doorbells/knocking and running but never left something behind. Man I was a heathen..=)