Wednesday, July 15, 2009

For When I am Weak

I've been thinking about reliance the past few days. Reliance is a wonderful thing. Trust and confidence are sure to follow. And faith grows in dependence. The more effort I put forth to be consciously aware of my reliance on God for everything, the more joyful and at peace I feel. By worldly terms it's senseless, but with God it doesn't have to make sense. It just is.
The Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 7, 9-10

1 comment:

David said...

"By worldly terms it's senseless, but with God it doesn't have to make sense. It just is."

If only more people really understood that!

Enjoy the joy and peace Nate :)