Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Been A While

Yes, I am still alive. We haven't had internet access in a while, which has kept me from blogging. Not much new. I was blessed the other week and got to share a song at church that Nate C. and I wrote called You Are. It was awesome to see the congregation worship our great God along with the song. What a blessing! Things at work continue to be about the same, but I've been working very hard to refocus my efforts more towards sharing about Christ with my clients. I suddenly realized one day last week that God has something in store for me to move on to . . . after I serve the purpose I've been given for where I'm at now. This new motivation has led me to commit to studying the bible beyond just leisurely reading. Prayer that I remain dedicated to this would be appreciated ;o) Speaking of work, we were informed last that we will have an 8% employee reduction for cost containment purposes. This is roughly 35 employees who will be losing their jobs. No word on who it will be yet though . . . And this really got me thinking a lot about the current economic condition of the world and how the headlines are deceiving us to believe something has changed suddenly, which is simply a lie. God has always been, and is still completely in control. And our wealth is in Him, securely. I've had a lot of thoughts about this since our meeting on Friday, and have been doing a little writing about it. We'll have to wait and see what it turns into . . . Overall, life's good! Peace!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hey buddy!

Good to see you back at posting again. What's with the "green eye"? LOL

Yes, Jim and I (and the whole FFC congregation) really enjoyed yours and the other Nate's song last week. Emily was there today and I told her about it. We were hoping for a repeat performance...

As for the economy...the hospital where I work had another lay off Friday. Mostly "middle management". 12 really good people lost their jobs...I agree with your post wholeheartedly which stated, "God has always been, and is still completely in control. And our wealth is in Him, securely." Knowing that God is in complete control of this mess down here is all that keeps me sane! Hope you can put those feelings into song...

And as for this, "This new motivation has led me to commit to studying the bible beyond just leisurely reading. Prayer that I remain dedicated to this would be appreciated ;o)", I will pray for you and I would apprecate you doing the same for me in the same area! (Hey, does that cancel each other's out and we could just pray for ourselves? J/K!!!)

Hi to Keym! Tell her I enjoy her singing with the worship team very much!

-j said...

Nate! your song was awesome. we watched the service on our computer. i think we are coming up sunday to church with you guys! can't wait to see everyone!

David said...

So cool about You Are, and I hope the tweet about getting sick is a quick passing thing - it's spring now, you can't get sick (and yeah, I know it's still cold over there...just like it's really hot over here as autumn gets underway)

Bless you, may life continue to be cool!