Monday, March 18, 2013

30 (XO, luv u 4ever)

Kimberly turned 30 today; one of those big milestone birthdays. But it's been really special for another reason, too; we were 15 when we first met, meaning that now, roughly, we've known one another half our lives. 

We've celebrated all month long, starting with just a little gift or two everyday for the past two weeks, left with small notes to her that I hand wrote on blue card-stock. Yesterday we had a great meal with our wonderful church family and today we had a small gathering with some folks Kimberly works with. 

We are truly blessed with incredible people in our lives.

I also presented Kimberly with a final note tonight, handwritten on blue card-stock like the rest of them. This time, instead of being attached to a gift, it was a note with the lyrics to a song I wrote for her, which I then sang. 

Right. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Restaurant.

Yes, there may or may not have been a jumbo margarita involved (aka liquid courage) beforehand. I popped into the restaurant about an hour early for some decorating and hid my guitar, tipping the hostess to keep an eye on it for me and to standby to turn off the radio when I was ready to sing.

I'm proud to say there weren't many dry eyes in the house! I think even some of the men may have teared up just a little had something in their eyes.

The past couple days have certainly been memorable, thanks in part to some very lovely people! Surprises, gifts, shared meals, hugs, and most importantly: lots and LOTS of LOVE!

Happy birthday, my dearest!

// XO, LUV U 4EVER // 
   video down below lyrics

August ’98, the first day back from summer break / we were fifteen, straight from a high school movie scene / You were that girl singing “Backstreet’s back, alright!” / I was that guy, trying my best to hide // Within a year we were signing letters, “XO, luv u 4ever!” / They said we were too young to make it together / but here we are now, still love you forever // Winter ’05, snow and a ring, on a carriage ride / “Will you be my wife?” / A three letter word changed my life / And you were that girl dreaming in all shades of pink / I was that guy too happy to believe // Within a year we were saying our vows / my love, my life, and my wife now / I never dreamed it could get any better / XO, still luv u 4ever // Maybe a year or two has passed / I can’t keep count, it goes so fast / There's been some bumps along the road / but they're all worth the story told // That first year, signing letters, “XO, luv u 4ever ” / They said we were too young to make it together / but here we are now / love you / Time flew by, we said our vows / my love, my life, and my wife now / I never dreamed it could get any better / XO, still luv u 4ever //


No comments: