Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snapshot: 011013 1300 PST

I picked up my friend Nate around noon today to do a little hiking out at Daley Ranch .

It's the first time I've really gotten outside in a while, and it felt great. 4.9 miles with some inclines and declines. The perfect amount of exertion: enough to sweat and burn some calories, but not enough to be miserable. It was a beautiful day, too. About 70'F, blue skies, gentle breeze. Lovely.

One of the nice things about Daley Ranch is that its really close by, yet out just far enough to escape the sounds of the city (except the occasional airplane). I was able to experience nature today. Smell it. Hear it. Feel it under my feet. Feeling drawn to God and a special closeness to Him amongst His creation.

And then, of course, there were the conversations. The camaraderie. Accountability. Encouragement. The kind of comfort that seems to only come from Christian fellowship.

I arrived home later this afternoon with a little more pep in my step. My awareness and sensitivity to God's presence in my life has been stirred, just when the waters were beginning to still.

Good hike.

No comments: