Wednesday, June 20, 2012

baby eyes

Baby eyes, so beautiful, seeing the world and everything in it for the very first time.

Naturally, its something we only experience once in a lifetime. But sometimes we're blessed to be given a renewed perspective.

In fact, God presented me with one of these opportunities recently.

To know Him and His glory, to know art and music, to know love, to know light in a dark place...

All as though I just discovered them...

All it took was just a few hours of conversation with someone who actually is discovering all those things for the very first time.

I've noticed God's presence a little more this week. I've taken the time to recognize the craftsmanship of His creation. I'm excited about what He's doing all around me. I've sang a little louder and wrote a little more. I've fallen in love with my wife all over again. My dread is being replaced with hopefulness and optimism when I think about work...

A new perception. Refreshed. Baby eyes.

No comments: