Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life's a Buzz

Spring has sprung and summer seems to be reaching its peak early this year. There is a buzz of excitement in the air. God is doing many wonderful things, and although much is left unseen, it is undoubtedly all part of His master plan. So often I've prayed that God's will for my life would be evident, hoping that someday He'd guide me to that one place to do that one thing He has called me to do to serve Him. But as my understanding of God begins to grow, I'm considering that perhaps this one place, or that one thing doesn't exist. For me, at least. I'm noticing people of God all around who's purpose in life remain constant, but the means to meet that purpose are shifting, serving to grow the Kingdom, where and how God leads. I somehow always expected my servitude to God to be stationary, that one day He'd plant me in the ground like a tree and I'd set roots. This is where I'd grow, this is what I'd do. Fixed. Forever. For some reason I used to find this idea comforting, the hope of one day being a tree. But now I'm beginning to see that serving the Lord is more like being a bee. From flower to flower. Wherever I'm led. But always for one purpose. And it's a peaceful thing, not always fretting about finding that one thing. Buzz. Buzz.

2 comments:

David said...

Diane and I have had words spoken over us like holding a basket of gifts, etc.

I think this is a similar kind of analogy...being moved from place to place, using what He's given you. The bee analogy is great.

Keep buzzing for Him Nate :)

Anonymous said...

I have lost my voice cuz I have been sick, but I about squealed when I read FROM FLOWER TO FLOWER. Some one prayed that over me before that I was a cozy little butterfly that didnt want to come out of my cocoon and when I was to come out I wouldn't know how to fly right away but God would teach me and I would go from flower to flower, from tree to tree, from beauty to beauty and then from nation to nation. That prayer was many years back but when I went to "Thunder Conference" a month or so back in Nashville Tennessee when i took communion I started singing a song about I'm a butterfly on wings of eagles and in your strength lord I will soar higher and higher...fly from flower to flower and from.... Anyways I probably over shared but I was excited. So be encouraged go BEE Go BEE, its a big world out there and we have a bigger God who takes us little peeps so high and far and deep. Not by might or by power but by his Spirit. :)