Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tsunami

Check out this awesome picture of me! What? Can’t see me? Oh, that’s because I’m standing behind this huge pile of papers; my perpetual reminder that no matter how much I do, there is still much left to be done.

Look a little closer at this pile.

Resembles a wave, right? Continuously ebbing . . . washing out to nothingness . . . only to re-edify. I’ll spare you dramatics and leave out references to waves and paperwork being similar in their tendencies to come crashing down on people.

I have lovingly begun to refer to my own personal title wave of papers as Tsunami.

Tsunami and I are developing a good rapport with one another. We have lunch together. We spend many hours together.

Tsunami’s friendship is unconditional. I push Tsunami away, completely removing her from my life, but Tsunami always comes back. Always.

At least some things in life are predictable.

Thanks, Tsunami!

4 comments:

Keym said...

Can I get an AMEN!

Coby said...

lol. no, seriously, i laughed. =]

--V-- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
--V-- said...

You should get bonus points for using the word "ebbing".

The nice thing about your metaphor is that when your drowning in the Tsunami, you can count on the fact that it will eventually subside, providing you with time to catch your breath.