Wednesday, May 16, 2012

when God made time...

I stumbled across this old Celtic saying a few days ago, and it's been stuck in my head since.

"When God made time, He made enough of it."

Of course He did! A perfect author could never write too little or too much.

Like money, time is spent so quickly. Unlike money, you can't make more of it. Time must be the most precious limited resource we've been given. It cannot be replenished, as so many other blessings can be.

If we believe God is perfect and did create time, don't we have to believe He made enough of it?
I do believe God is perfect. I do believe He created time. I do believe He made enough of it.

So what does that mean? Well, I think it means I have some serious re-prioritizing to do. And I'm guessing it might mean the same thing to a lot of other people out there, too.

Busy? Overwhelmed? Feel like there's just not enough time in the day? Well, there is. There is just enough time in the day. It's up to us to be good stewards of it.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:17

No comments: