Tuesday, March 1, 2016

17; Its Something Beautiful

17 years.

Was it really that long ago that I asked her to be my girlfriend over the telephone?

All pimpled and anxious, crazy about this beautiful girl...

And that call was made from an old-school phone, by the way, not a cell. A black rotary with a busted dial, if I remember correctly...

A lot can happen in 17 years. In fact, it has. But some things don't change much. I'm a little less pimpled, about as equally anxious, and still totally crazy about that girl. And her? Still beautiful. I never could have imagined the kind of beauty she would bring into my life.

God has been so good to us; blessing the love we have for one another as we pursue Christ, side by side. Our shared faith and commitment have become a foundation that everything else is now built upon.

And it's something beautiful.