Tuesday, October 1, 2013

she hides

Her smile is bright.

You would never guess the pain she hides behind it, enough pain that she would want to end her own life.

She had just been released from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I was shocked when I received the news. I knew she had been struggling, but I never imagined...

I guess you never truly know the extent of what a person is experiencing behind all their smiles. I spoke with my friend at least once a week at school. I shared scripture and spiritual support through Facebook and text. I thought I was present during our conversations, but now I can see there was something I wasn't quite detecting. 

The truth is, hindsight is 20/20 and you can never really know what a person is going through, no matter how hard you try. 

Try. 

That's all we can do. Make a daily effort to be present and aware of one another on a spiritual level. And pray. Always be in prayer for one another.

I'm meeting with her tomorrow, and I know God will be with us.

No comments: