Thursday, April 19, 2012

picnic

About two years ago, I posted this. It was supposed to be an on-going series of exploration and service. Instead, it ended up being a reflection of the past, which did end up being incredibly helpful and a great beginning to the process of aligning myself more with God's will.

And that's where it stopped.

I've been stretched over the past two years, but I've also fallen into complacency in many ways. In fear of failure and disappointing myself and others, I've... remained.

I feel a push to do more than simply support other people who've been more obedient to their callings than I. Helping others is what I do best because it's what comes easy for me, but I don't want easy.

I understand I have to sift through some things here, like 'what is God's will for me versus my own ambition and desire for purposefulness?' It's a tough thing to discern and clearly I've got a lot of praying to do.

God's in control. He knows me more than I know myself. And I know that.

It's just that every-now-and-then I get an ant in my pants. But life is a picnic regardless, and the basket is always full of goodies.

I'm feeling optimistic.
Something new is on the horizon...

No comments: