Friday, December 21, 2012

Snapshot: 122112 0500 PST

This has been one weird shift at work! Around 1am, one of my kids woke up to see what time it was and never went back to sleep. He's leaving for a ten day Christmas break with his family tomorrow and is too excited to fall back to sleep. Its been a job just keeping him quiet so he doesn't wake the others.

Around 2am, another one of my kids woke up to get a snack and realized all his belongings had been packed up. It didn't take long for him to put together that he's being transported to a higher level facility tomorrow. Not an awesome conversation to have with a kid who's been shipped around his whole life. That's another post though... Fortunately he went back to sleep after about an hour.

And yet another kid... well, he's just stinky. He wets the bed and his urine has the strangest odor. Its potent and fills the entire house, making me nauseous. I don't know why it smells so awful! I want to wake him to shower and change his bedding, but if I do I'll be alone with two kids wide awake and one light-sleeper who might potentially AWOL if he's woken up since he's being taken to juvie later anyways.

That leaves one more kiddo who's slept peacefully all through the night, and as far as I know, he's not especially stinky. God bless him!

So here I am, watching a low-grade Christian movie about high school football with a very excited kiddo, obsessively checking to make sure I don't have any AWOLers, and breathing through the sleeve of my hoodie.

No comments: