Sunday, March 27, 2016

And in Him, I Am Alive

The sky turned dark. And rocks split open.

It must have felt as though all hope was lost when the earth itself trembled as Christ took His last breath.

But this was not a cry of despair. Instead, creation shouted in victory. Hope had won, and Love conquered death. Jesus, the son of God, rose from the grave.

Sin was overwhelmed by the ultimate sacrifice. Our ransom was paid in His blood.

The wage of sin is death, but by the grace of God, a promise of eternal life has been made. And the only payment due is surrender; reliance.

"Now this is eternal life - that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent." John 17:3

I should always live in gratitude of this, but today, Easter day, my heart wells over. Despite my pursuit of life amongst all that is dead, He has risen. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the truest source of life, and He has paid the ultimate price.

And in Him, I am alive.