Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tonight

Last night/this morning I slept for 3 consecutive hours, which is the most hours of continuous sleep I've had in a few weeks. I felt GREAT when I woke up, but the greatness wore off around 2pm and now I'm just exhausted again. I've tried taking drugs, but they just make me feel . . . drugged, as I lay there awake. Last night I got experimental, and maybe a little brave/stupid, taking a little dose of just about everything we had that's supposed to cause drowsiness and/or sleep. It didn't work. Just thinking about going to bed makes me feel a little anxious as I wonder and worry whether or not I'll doze off. I've even tried falling asleep in random places such as the couch or my favorite chair, to take the edge of the expectation that sleep should ensue. Yeah, that didn't work either. I've asked God if there's something in particular I should read in the bible, or something I should be thinking/praying about. But for some reason I haven't really asked Him specifically for sleep. So, tonight . . . I know. Duh.

No comments: