Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mr. Sensitive

If you've spoke to me within the past week or so, or if you've just looked at me, chances are I complicated it in my mind way too much. You see, for whatever reason, I have been Mr. Sensitive lately. Wound too tight. I have left nearly every conversation I've had feeling like I've done or said something wrong, that the person I have spoken with doesn't like me, or that they are upset with me. Today it finally occurred to me that I was in fact being attacked, but not by the people I would assume. Instead, I am attacking myself, sabotaging nearly every interaction I've had and each relationship. I hate that, because it just isn't unpleasant for me, but for everyone around me. Hardly anyone has been able to say anything without me taking offense, which isn't fair. So, here I am. Trying to chill out a bit. Remembering it's not about me. Mr. Sensitive.

1 comment:

--V-- said...

Don't feel bad. I've been Ms. Sensitive for like...years!!