Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Visit With Mom and Dad

Today I am visiting with my parents while getting caught up with laundry. It was almost an emergency, as I am getting low on clean socks! I have learned through experience that reversing them when dirty just doesn't do the trick! In case you don't know, Kimberly and I have a washer and dryer, but no hook-ups in our current home. It was quite a sacrifice to make, but it's one of the many sacrifices we have made while trying to get to a a grip on our finances.
I made it to my parents just in time to eat some yummy tacos!!! Mom and Dad gave me the grand tour of the newly painted house, and reconstructed barn. Things are really looking nice out there!
Mom and I had a great talk today about how the mind is a battlefield, a place of spiritual warfare. Her insight is awesome and really got me thinking . . .
Dad took me around the fruit trees and picked some pears for me to eat.
I also spoke with my parents about the possibility of having a Halloween bonfire for the Youth Group, which will be awesome! Kids always love my parents and their farm!
Well, I better go switch out laundry, or I'll never get home!

1 comment:

--V-- said...

Sigh. One of my favorite parts of fall...Halloween!! I wanna go to a party at your parents!!! (Said like a whining toddler). I'm glad you had a good time tonight :)